Monday, December 15, 2008

Send the word forth

I am adicted to Crash Hot Potatoes, I have given name to the sickness and may perhaps start my recovery. On a late-night forray into Stumbelupon, I hit a site where the picture below grabbed me by the eyes and demanded my attention.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks is the site and besides the wonderful recipes, the site has great photography as evidenced above. The recipe for Crash Hot Potatoes is simple, well illustrated, new (to me), and takes the humble red potato to a place it has never been.

I know, this is going way past the point where good form dictates it should -- they are JUST potatoes, after all; but that is the point, these spuds are not JUST potatoes, they are something sensual, creamy but crispy, earthy but heavenly, naughty but nice -- sorry, I've got to slowly back away from the keyboard and go check the oven, the next batch might be ready.

4 comments:

  1. I am also an addict!

    Once I tried this simple recipe I was hooked, I had to have another, then another...now I spend all my money on red potatoes...I can't help it...they are absolutely luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a 12-step program for this disease, they meet in the basement of the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And how does one wrap new red potatoes in festive holiday paper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. spam rircle@gmail.com sindy.yong@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete