Monday, July 28, 2008

Ten best mystery novels

I am still on this topic. My personal list is fluid.
  1. City of Bones, Michael Connelly
  2. Eight Million Ways to Die, Lawrence Block
  3. L.A. Requiem, Robert Crais
  4. Killing Floor, Lee Child
  5. Death of a Red Heroine, Qiu Xiaolong
  6. Listening Woman, Tony Hillerman
  7. The Dogs of Riga, Henning Mankell
  8. Night Passage, Robert B. Parker (Jesse Stone not Spenser)
  9. Open Season, C. J. Box
  10. New Hope for the Dead, Charles Willeford
That's my list for today. I am going to keep Willeford on the list because I still enjoy reading his four mysteries. They are hard to find but worth the effort.

I will be making room on the list for some of the new authors that are coming along. As I noted in my last posting, Calumet City was a terrific story and it won't be long until Charlie Newton takes up residence on many "Favorite" lists.

Disagree? Who and how? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment